Solution Architects-SE 2 positions
Bay, Area 95054 | Direct
You will be joing a small Solutions Architect team of experts reporting to the CTO, focusing on exploring and building early-stage, differentiated solutions that leverage Flash Arrays unique capabilities. You will be challenged to think out of the box and take risks.
You will build the next generation of solutions in specific high-value areas:
· Cloud technologies including virtualization.
· Cloud and DataCenter automation (Chef, Puppet, Python, REST API)
· Oracle OLTP
· Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery/Backup and Restore technologies
Key Drivers are:
· Explore and build early-stage, differentiated solutions that truly leverage unique capabilities of the product line.
· Collaborate closely with R&D, Global Services, Corporate Sales Engineering, GTM, and Product Marketing teams
· Be the subject matter expert and the ultimate go-to person in a number of important use cases
· Develop artifacts and assets such as solution briefs, white papers, solution decks and other materials that influence how solutions are implemented leveraging the unique qualities of the all flash array
· Deliver solution presentations to sales team and customers
· Help with complex customer POCs, troubleshoot field issues in relation with specific solutions
· At least 7 years of experience as software engineer, solution architect, professional service engineer, sales engineer or equivalent roles preferably in the storage, virtualization or database industry.
· At least 5 years of experience authoring solutions architectures, customer-facing designs and complex end-to-end field solutions
· Be a Fast learner, brilliant, creative, “ hands-on”, team-player
· Be able to “ roll up your sleeves” and work in the lab as well as at customer sites, alone and as part of a team
· Problem-solving skills in networking, storage and specific application domains
· Hands-on experience of block-level storage / storage networking protocols / file systems is essential
· Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in at least one of the following areas:
o Cloud technologies such as server virtualization and/or Openstack
o Oracle OLTP
o Cloud and DataCenter automation (Chef, Puppet, Python, REST API)
o Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery solution.
· Customer-facing experience is a big plus
· Ability to interact and collaborate with highly technical engineering teams
· Self-starter, enthusiastic proactive mindset.
· Social media presence (twitter, blogging) would be a big plus