Senior Technical Support Engineer
Chicago, ILL 94402
Senior Technical Support Engineer-Chicago (Remote) or San Mateo (HQ)
This is a terrific opportunity to be a part of global technical support team in a
fast growing mature start up in a lead market position.
You will enjoy the opportunity to work with technologies like NoSQL databases and techniques (Cassandra, Redis), Java, Linux (RedHat/CentOS), Puppet, GitHub, Elasticsearch.
You are the primary customer interface for all technical issues, above all troubleshooting problems with software stack in installation, operations and management.
- Troubleshooting, answering questions, technical discussion with pre-sales and post-sales customers via phone/web/email.
- Working with Engineering team for defect reports, troubleshooting, and feature requests.
- Becoming an expert on the Hybrid Cloud storage system that is a high-performance, distributed storage system deployed on Linux.
- Managing communications/expectations to ensure customer satisfaction at all levels
Key customers are cloud service providers (data centers and ISPs), system
integrator/reseller channel partners, and enterprise customers.
- Occasional off-hours, weekend work, and on-call duty.
- Occasional travel to customer sites and HQ offices.
- 5+ years of technical support experience with demonstrable skills in troubleshooting technical issues with a complex software system.
- High degree of analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer oriented attitude, strong customer facing skills.
- Proficiency with Linux and networking.
- Proficiency in scripting (bash, perl, python, or ruby).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- English (must) - professional level oral/written communication.
Desired Skills, and Experience:
- Java development skills, DevOps experiences
- Distributed systems, NoSQL DB, storage systems knowledge
- Experience on cloud environments (AWS, GCE, Azure) or platforms (OpenStack, CloudStack)
- Experience on Object Storage (OpenStack Swift, Ceph, Scality, Cleversafe)
- Experience on Splunk or any other analytic tool
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.