Senior Technical Operations Engineer-SRE/DevOps Washington DC
Washington, DC 95054 | Direct
Sr.Tech Ops/DevOps-SRE DC
Our client is building next generation cloud infrastructure with a specific focus on enterprise workloads. If you are technical operations expert who wants drive initiatives focused on systems infrastructure management within a high volume, fast scaling environment this is opportunity is for you.
You will be the boots on the ground doing a lot of production coding in Python, Ansible, Puppet for large scale VMWare base Linux production environments. There is a lot of growth potential with this well funded start up building next generation Multi Cloud Infrastructure services for AWS-Azure-GPC platforms.
- ● You will be a key team member part of a small group of brilliant engineers responsible for the systems deployment, system operations, and system monitoring of cloud-scale infrastructure
- ● You will get your hands dirty, troubleshooting infrastructure, and dealing with architectural challenges using your existing knowledge and toolkits
- ● You will drive reliability and supportability aspects of a cloud service, working with DevOps/SRE to coordinate change management policies and triage service request queues
- ● You will utilize your advanced system architecture&administration skills for collaboration with engineering and product management, test and automation teams to architect and develop strategic and tactical solutions
- ● You will work with independent system integrators engaged on design and build out of Cloud environment
- ● You will help develop requirements for customer on boarding processes, target environment sizing and migration automations
Proficiency in Python in large scale Linux production environments, experience in VMWare-ESX, know Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Kuberbets.
6+years of experience with technical support and datacenter operations roles
● Prior successful experience of working in an innovative, fast-paced startup with a high rate of flux. strong entrepreneurial spirit and vigor.
● Demonstrated proficiency in creating detailed technical design documents, facilitate design reviews
● Deep technical roots in data center technologies: Knowledge/Experience in VMWare-ESX
○ Large-scaleLinux production environments, preferably as part of an on line service provider environment
○ Virtualization technologies,-VMware product suite(vCenter, ESXi, vRealize), KVM, Microsoft technologies (Hyper-V)
○ Bare-metal server provisioning using IPMI, ILO and iDRAC
○ Cloud management platforms: OpenStack/Cloud Stack and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes/Mesos or Docker is big a plus
○ Scripting proficiency, in Python, and datacenter automation tools(e.G.Ansible), Puppet
○ Reasonable technical understanding of configuration and maintenance of different NAS/SAN and networking systems in a virtualized environment. Software Defined Data Center (SDS, SDN) a plus
○ Understanding of DevOps agility for continuous development and delivery CD/CI
Be located in DC/Virginia metro area or be able to travel from from time to time.