Senior QA Engineer
VANCOUVER, BC 94107
Our client a pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, their platform powers 1, 500+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients.
As a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer. You will ensure our the SaaS based web application is of high quality, and meets the needs of clients who are working to solve transportation problems.
· Ensure new releases of the SaaS based web application are of very high quality, in terms of both usability and data metrics correctness.
· Analyze business requirements and technical documentation, document test strategies and test plans, design and execute manual test cases
· Develop new, and maintain existing QA automation test suites in each sprint.
· Conduct code reviews, peer reviews, setup and maintain test data.
· Review test plans and provide mentorship to junior team members.
· Perform bug regression, and run sanity tests at the end of a release, as necessary.
· Interface with product owners, developers, and scrum master on business requirements, release planning, and bug triaging.
3+ years experience in a QA role at an enterprise SaaS application company.
Understands quality management practices, key processes, and wide range of quality metrics
2+ years experience with using SQL / RDBMS.
Experience with QA automation tools, such as Selenium and/or Protractor with Eclipse IDE and Github.
Testing Tools experience with Jira, Test Rails, Selenium is strongly desired, Java or Python for automation is also important.
Ability to learn new features quickly, understand the user's point of view, and create complete test cases.
Good communication skills, and ability to collaborate with Product Management, Development and QA team members.
Experience with geospatial data is a plus
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent