Senior Product Manager-CloudStrage
San Mateo, Ca. 94402
Senior Product Manager-Cloud Storage
Join a market leader in developing and deploying Hybrid/object cloud storage solutions for enterprise customers.
Use cases include media asset management, big data, bioinformatics, IoT, and backup/archive.
As a Senior Product Manager you will drive the requirements definition for the product-MRD- working closely with engineering to ensure the product maps closely to the market required features.
You are responsible for leading the requirements definition for the product(s) and working closely with engineering to ensure the product closely reflects the market required features as well as working across different functions - marketing, sales and with our customers, alliance partners plan the launch of new product(s) and solution(s) into defined markets.
You will drive business success by defining and optimizing the product portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, market trends, new technologies, customer business issues and the competitive environment.
Work closely with product development team to create products and validate early product definitions with customers. Use technical expertise and extensive industry experience to formulate product strategies and identify new product opportunities.
To Succeed you must have strong technical product management/solutions marketing experience, be passionate about defining and evangelizing the next-generation of cloud storage products in a startup setting, be comfortable interfacing with customers and partners.
Key Drivers Are:
Manage solutions around customer requirements.
· Drive product roadmap, requirements and priorities based on customer requirements and industry trends
· Analyze and understand competitive product offerings and maintain up-to-date comparisons.
· Work closely with engineering to design and build simple, high quality products optimized for enterprise deployment.
· Guide engineering trade-offs to ensure on-time release of products and features that aligns with our customers’ needs.
· Wear multiple hats from defining product requirements, to competitive analysis, pricing, sales training and assisting with complex sales situations.
· Deliver live presentations, technical collaterals, PPT slides, recorded videos, blogs that highlight Cloudian’ s unique capabilities and differentiation
· Advocate customer needs/issues
To Success You Must Have:
Have 5 or more years enterprise storage experience in both agile dev and waterfall models.
Experience with product development approaches and managing product planning in those environment, working with engineering on features.
· Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
· Technical background with previous experience in enterprise or cloud storage
· Strong hands-on knowledge of storage technologies, NAS & SAN protocols, data protection and cloud technologies
· Proven success in launching successful products and features
· Proven ability to team with engineering, marketing and sales teams.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent communicator, strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across team
· Able to travel up to 20% of time.
· BS or MS in computer science or similar field