Senior Platform Engineer
Santa Clara, Ca. 94086
Senior Platform Engineer-
Join a start-up with some disruptive technology turning standard servers into a single pool of compute and storage resources. The data platform eliminates the need for network storage, provides adaptive scaling, and uses data management and optimization capabilities to achieve transformative levels of utilization and truly agile IT infrastructure.
If you are ambitious self-starter, enjoys new challenges and want to be part of a winning team this is your chance.
You will have the opportunity to work and learn in a fast paced environment with a team of talented engineers, developing state of the art management software in the Hyper-Converged Infrastructure space.
Design and develop disk-enclosure and inventory abstraction layer as an agent on various platforms including Linux, Windows and hypervisor environments
Drive Cross-functional requirements and design reviews
Ensure quality with test environments to prove and test the design developed
Ensure regression tracking and reporting for ongoing feature/patch updates
5 or more years of experience in OEM Server or Storage enclosure management area
- Experience with disk management layer for OS (Linux, Windows) and virtualized environments (ESX, HyperV, Xen, KVM)
- Experience with PCIe pass-through and RDMP environments.
- Experience with enclosure management and chassis management environments
- Experience with Self-Encrypting Drives is a big plus
- Experience with Cisco UCSM or similar product technologies is a big plus
- Good understanding and use of boot-image management, HBA (storage and network) FW upgrade processes
- Experience with C programming, Python as well as Shell languages such as Bash/Perl/Python