Senior Director of Communication
San, Mateo-CA. 94402 | Direct
Our client is a leader in the rapidly expanding cloud object storage space providing scalable storage capacity-rich applications across multiple verticals.
This is a terrific opportunity to get in with a fast growing startup in scale up mode.
The company is a great place to work, has an excellent culture and has successfully established itself as a leader across multiple verticals in a $40B market with new class of products.
· In this high visible role you will closely collaborate with the executive team to extend their brand, shaping how people understand this space and establish the company as a thought leader through developing ideas, creating content synchronized with marketing, sales, customers, analysts, and global PR agencies to generate results across media, social, and influencers.
In this highly collaborative role, you will develop ideas and build content in collaboration with marketing, sales, customers, analysts, and global PR agencies to communicate big ideas to generate results across media, social, and analysts.
Key Drivers Are:
- Develop messages in conjunction with internal and external teams, with a keen eye for story angles that will attract the media and drive coverage
- Work with internal and external teams to develop stories
- Drive interaction with customers, technical partners, or OEM partners to create stories with interest and depth.
- Develop and manage the communications teams in North American, EMEA, and Japan, including PR and social media
- Drive the strategy and manage the execution of:
- Editorial calendar and messaging
- Media relations
- Editorial programs: Blog, bylines,
- Influencer program
- Internal communications
- Speaking program: Executive and technical speaking opportunities
- Awards progra
To Succeed You Must Have:
- Achieving Performance Objectives:
- Identify and develop story ideas and content that support the company’ s objectives. Drive media relations, social media and editorial programs, including pitches, bylines, blog articles, and social media content
- Develop story ideas with customers, partners, Sales, and other influencers, to generate business, trade and influencer coverage.
Draft and guide the development of press releases, media advisories, and media presentations
Coordinate and manage exec and employee speaking opportunities
Provide ongoing coverage reports and analysis of ongoing media outreach performance
Oversight of media list updating and vendor monitoring/invoicing.
Handle media interviews with execs, including scheduling and pre-interview prep
- 10 or more years corporate communications & PR experience
- 3 or more years on the corporate side at a tech firm
- Experience in small to mid-sized, high-growth tech firm
- Proven ability to synthesize and develop messaging that drives coverage
- Must have either storage industry experience or proven ability to quickly adapt to a new technology area and quickly become a “ native speaker.”
- 10% travel, to cover major trade shows and occasional media tours
- BA/BS degree