Sales Engineer-SE-London/UK or Germany
London, -UK 94402
This is a terrific opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting technology startup.
As a Sales Engineer, you will be providing pre-sales and post-sales support and services to customers, and you will play a critical role in closing major sales opportunities.
Provide technical expertise working with prospective customers: quickly understand customer requirements and specific configurations, and propose solutions that fit with every specific customers
Set up and troubleshoot customer POCs, manage POCs towards completion and booking
Lead and/or participate in customer status calls
Providing product demos, either in person or remotely
Contribute to Knowledge Base by documenting frequently asked questions, and troubleshooting techniques
Respond to community forum posts
Provide product feedback and help to drive product improvements by working closely with Product Management and Engineering
Assist in product QA through intensive work with products
Occasional evening and weekend work
Perform on-site pre-sales, consulting and support work, as needed (20%~50% travel)
Work closely with the Director of Pre-sales to provide input and take responsibility of the strategic team goals
- In depth hands on UNIX/Linux system administration skills and experience in managing large scale distributed cloud computing environments, or hosting services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Storage POC set up and troubleshooting experience: at least 2 years’ experience doing POCs with enterprise customers
- 5+ years Linux experience of which 2+ years MUST be at a high technical level. Performance profiling experience a plus.
- Network set up (DNS, firewall, load balancers)
- Virtualization platform experience (KVM / Qemu / Xen / VMware)
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis, and incident resolution. Basic shell scripting with a focus on troubleshooting;
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to Sell: at least 2 years’ experience selling storage products to enterprise
- Communicate effectively with customers and internal teams, and be able to strongly represent the company in front of the customer. Ability to “ sell”.
- Creating and maintaining complete and accurate customer documentation
- Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; understands principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide filesystem layouts.
- Experience working in 7x24 production environment (high availability and reliability, service levels, problem management, change management, performance monitoring, etc.)
- Able to travel within US and overseas as needed.
- Hands-on experience with Cloudstack, Openstack, Ceph, Swift, or other object storage products
- Understanding of storage technology, SAN, NAS, NFS, iSCSI, ZFS
- Technical support, pre-sales support, installation or sales experience in the technology industry preferred
- Hands on experience with Chef/Puppet, Ruby / Python, RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu, Nagios/Zabbix/Collectd/SNMP, AWS a definite plus
- Operational experience of Cassandra
- University degree in the field of computer science, or management