SQA Automation Egnineers - VMware
Bay, Area 94086
As a senior QA automation engineer you will be hands on developing and executing test plans, write automation scripts in Python, use your VMWare experience to test for compatibility for a Software Defined Storage Platform. Debug and extend automated tests, integrate automated test frameworks like Jenkins. Responsibilities:
- Design high level test approaches and detailed test plans
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s)
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features
- Work with development team to analyze and root cause failures
- File defects and feature enhancements, tracking them to closure
- Engage with users to discover major problem areas
To Succeed You Must Have:
Direct hands on experience with testing VMware features and its integration into products.
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, or Xen. VMware is preferred.
- Strong networked storage, protocol testing background.
- Automation- Experience developing automated tests in one or more of following programming languages: Python/Perl/C/C++/Java, experience with integrating automation test frameworks such as Jenkins, and the ability to debug and extend automated tests.
- Minimum of 3 or more years of Software QA experience
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Strong systems administration experience in Linux and/or Windows environment
- An understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked file systems, logical volumes, journaled file systems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Shared LUNs.
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.