Principle Software Engineer - BigData
Orange, County 92618
Our client a leading edge funded startup company focused on transforming the economics and transaction processing speed of large scale data sets is seeking a principle software engineer to lead in research, design, development, test and validation of state-of-the-art software systems for Big Data processing in real-time, mission critical, and interactive applications.
As a member a highly talented and collaborative team, your focus will be on excellence in code development and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
Since the team is keen about innovating, disrupting with their technology and leading the markets, each member of the team will be asked to attend to different tasks, maintain a positive attitude, and remain passionate about their work.
You will also take initiative in collaborating with other team members, advancing their development efforts, and exceeding customer expectations.
Key Drivers Are:
- Initial responsibilities include quickly ramping up and understanding the current work dynamics, products, customer relations, company vision/direction and developing a sense of appreciation for the Big Data real-time technology sector.
- Maintaining and evolving the existing product line.
- Contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of next generation products.
- Leading and supervising new hires and interns.
- Work closely with customers evaluating the company technology and deploying solutions.
- Providing technical support to customers that have released prodcuts incorporating product solution.
- Creating technical documentation, contribute to white papers and present material and technical venues.
- Maintaining the building and testing infrastructure.
- Have 5 or more years of experience in flash technology, system software, and enterprise applications.
- Have the ability to work confidently in Unix/Linux environments.
- Have proficiency in C, C++, and common scripting languages, Hadoop, HDFS ideal.
- Have proficiency in operating systems, computer architecture, and networked systems.
- Thorough understanding of modern Big Data approaches.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, or closely related fields.