Principal Engineers- SPARK- Scala
Bay Area or, SoCal 92618 | Direct
Our client, a leading edge BigData startup company, is seeking a senior software engineers to lead in research, design, development, test and validation of state-of-the-art software systems for Big Data processing in real-time, mission critical, and interactive applications.
As a member a highly talented and collaborative team, your focus will be on excellence in code development on Spark platform and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
You will be hands on modifying parts of Spark core code.
- Initial responsibilities include quickly ramping up and understand the current work dynamics, products, customer relations, company vision/direction and develop a sense of appreciation for the Big Data real-time technology sector.
- Create technical documentation; contribute to white papers and present material at technical venues.
- Work with Spark Infrastructure and modify its source code
- Develop industrial-grade data analytics benchmarks to drive core software development
Be comfortable with modifying Apache Spark core code. Have proficiency with Scala.
Have experience with Distributed systems
Understand internals of database (query optimization for example).
● 2-3+ years of experience in Spark, system software level.
● Ability to work confidently in Unix/Linux environments.
● Proficiency in Scala and common scripting languages
● Proficiency in operating systems, computer architecture and networked systems.
● Thorough understanding of modern Big Data approaches.
● Has a commercial experience developing applications using Apache-Spark
● MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, or closely related fields.