Mountain View, CA. 95054
As a big-data platform engineer you will design and develop big-data application infrastructure.
This is a hands on development tole that involves support of the various big-data applications and frameworks on the platform that includes installation, configuration, and management of distributed file systems, job execution frameworks, NoSQL databases, key-value and SQL-on-Hadoop systems.
· Experience with large data sets and distributed computing.
· Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.G. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Flume)
· Experience in working on large Linux clusters
· Hands-on experience with production Hadoop systems (e.G. Administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
· Knowledge of NoSQL platforms (e.G. Key-value stores)
· Hands-on experience with open source software platforms and languages (e.G. Java/Scala, Python)
· Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.G. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce)
· Knowledge the data warehousing and Business Intelligence systems
· The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be a fast learner