Marketing Events Manager-
San Mateo, Ca. 94402
Marketing Event Manager- San Mateoa
As a world-class Event Manager you will impact hyper-growth trajectory for the company future.
In this Marketing role you will organize global events to raise awareness, motivating engagement, and creating new opportunities.
You have a charismatic, amiable persona with an endless supply of fresh ideas.
You also have proven organizational, project management, and people skills, negotiation tactics, self-starter attitude, and keen reporting, follow up skills to show success via metrics.
· Interfacing with sales, marketing, and engineering teams when planning, recruiting and managing deliverables for events
· Managing all event logistics, audience acquisition strategy, production, signage, budget tracking, and staffing matrix for trade shows, local events,
· Handle small user groups and large-scale, complex trade shows
· Interface directly with vendors, technology partners, and customers to manage demos, booth logistics, speaking opps, cocktail and party functions, etc to provide the highest-level event experience aligned with our go-to-market strategy
· Research new event options and gather information to assess the relevance of the show for target audience, messaging.
· Work as a cross-functional project manager with other corporate departments within the company as well as external vendors to drive the event deliverables and lifecycle
· 5+ years’ experience managing all levels and types of industry events including sponsorship of large-scale, complex trade shows
· Highly energetic, creative ability to get things done
· Proven experience to plan, manage, and execute the full event lifecycle
· Have exceptional negotiation skills
· Ability to motivate and tactfully push others to ensure deliverables are completed on time and on budget
· Aptitude for working in a fast-paced start up environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· 3+ years high tech industry experience (preferably in the storage or backup space)
This position is located in San Mateo, CA. Travel to events will be required.
· Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience