Lead SQA Manager/Director-Hybrid Cloud
San, Mateo 94402
Lead SQA Manager/Director
In this high-visibility role, you will be reporting directly to the VP Engineering and will be responsible for leading global QA teams.
You will also be driving the strategy to achieve enterprise class quality with products.
You will have strong technical and leadership skills, and goog understanding of Agile methods applied to enterprise class hyper-scale products.
You will be working with a rapidly growing mature startup with 100% focus on innovation to a quality-oriented culture.
You will be leading and improving structure + discipline for engineering processes and practices. You will have high energy and passion for achieving customer satisfaction through product quality, a hands-on leader that can mentor / coach our QA team while working collaboratively across departments to achieve our company goals.
You will work with a globally distributed team across N.America, EU and APAC.
- Lead and grow a core QA team, coaching / mentoring team members and attracting new talent. Direct areas of responsibility include Test Automation, Performance Engineering, and System Test. However, this role will also have the authority to coordinate the activities of test engineers embedded in other engineering teams.
- Work in collaboration with other engineering leaders to define and implement processes that will drive quality, productivity, visibility, and predictability. Current processes are based on Agile/CI/CD that need to evolve and mature, QA will have a leading role.
- Work closely with all test engineers to ensure that all test cases provide enough coverage especially in areas deemed “ vulnerable”.
- Work with development engineers to encourage the use of quality-oriented practices (design for testability, unit testing, “ strong definition of done”).
- Work with other engineering teams to qualify hardware platforms for use with products (Software Stack)-Need to qualify servers and components (HDD, NVMe, NIC) in combination with OS and firmware.
- Work with support groups as well as the engineering escalation / sustaining team to help resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
- Define strategies to improve team ability to test products (including test automation, regression testing, scale / stress / soak testing, performance testing,). Drive the implementation of these strategy inside of QA and across all the engineering teams.
- Work in collaboration with other engineering leaders to plan and deliver products and releases which includes defining and tracking metrics / KPIs that to be used to drive continuous improvements in team ability to execute consistently and with high quality.
- Write and maintain documentation related to test plans, test cases, and test coverage. Define “ entry / exit criteria” and ensure they are met. Generate test reports at the tail end of a release cycle.
To Succeed You Must Have:
- 10+ years of hands on QA experience with complex software systems (or a combination of 5 years in QA plus 5 in technical support or development)- preferably in Distributed Systems, DBs
- 5+ years in an engineering management/leadership role
- High degree of analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Linux, networking, scripting (bash, python) to analyze issues
- Enterprise storage or Distributed Systems products experience/ MongoDB, Cassandra DB at Scale
- Experience with QA automation, especially with large scale system testing.
- Experience managing distributed teams.
- 2nd level management experience
- Experience with Java products.
- Distributed systems, NoSQL DB, storage systems knowledge