Java Software Engineer
San, Mateo 94402
Java Software Engineer UI Dev (focus on management tools)
Our client is seeking a seasoned Java developer who can develop outstanding management software for a high-performance, highly scalable cloud storage product. The immediate focus will be on designing, developing, and augmenting existing management tools for the enterprise storage market. Current tools include installation, monitoring, and management. You will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies with the latest techniques in building.
Company work environment is for those who want to make an immediate, substantial, and visible contribution to critical software used by customers daily. You will have the opportunity to not only determine how to do things better, but actually implement them.
Key Drivers Are:
- Design. Create efficient, complete, and object oriented designs for tasks, both small and big. Such as dynamic UI for monitoring applications and OS resources.
- Test & promote a test-driven methodology where tests are designed and written before code. Automated tests are then permanently added to the regression suite.
- All coding on the platform is in Java using standard tools like git and eclipse. Code review is required both as reviewer and reviewee.
- Collaborate with colleagues to help sell, market, test, and support the product. This may require being available 24/7 for any P1 issues.
- Core Java programming and JVM familiarity.
- Experience with JMX and SNMP is a plus.
- Python scripting is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise storage systems is a plus.
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, and Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn any new technologies quickly. Efficient use of time.
- Be prepared to demonstrate programming and problem solving skills with Java in high-performance and highly scalable systems.