Java Distributed Systems Engineer
San, Mateo 94402
Java - Distributed Systems Engineer
Our client is looking for a seasoned Java developer who can develop outstanding software for core products of high-performance, highly scaleable storage systems.
In this role uou will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies with the latest techniques in building the best cloud storage product out there.
The work environment is for anyone who wants to make an immediate, substantial, and visible contribution to critical software used by customers daily. You will have the opportunity to not only determine how to do things better, but actually implement them.
Key Drivers Are:
- Design. Create efficient, complete, and thoughtful designs for tasks, both small and big. An example might be a scalable, distributed authentication system.
- Test. We promote a test-driven methodology where tests are designed and written before code. Automated tests are then permanently added to the regression suite.
- Code. Platform is Java using standard tools like git and eclipse. Code review is required both as reviewer and reviewee.
- Support. Work with colleagues to help sell, market, test, and support the product. This may require being available 24/7 for any P1 issues.
- Ability to do the above tasks quickly and completely.
- Prepared to show how you can do the above tasks. This may include demonstrable skills with Java, Python, test/QA focus, and high-performance, highly scalable systems. And the ability and willingness to learn any gaps.
- Experience with systems like Cassandra, Redis, Amazon Web Services is valuable