Inside Sales Representative-Federal
Herndon, VA 94402
Insider Sales Rep-Federal
Herndon, VA. Alternate work locations include Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and San Mateo,
The Federal Inside Sales Representative is on the front line with prospects and customers in the Federal systems market.
You will have a minimum of 1 - 3 years of Federal sales experience, need to be tenacious, out-going, well-spoken, and tech-savvy and articulate. Ideally with storage experience and proficient in Salesforce.
· Cold call and qualify sales leads and setting appointments for sales team to to meet qualified Federal prospects
· Lead management/nurture, including tracking, follow-up, converting in Salesforce.Com.
· Deliver sales pitch and technology to potential customers, customized to the specific needs of the potential customer.
· Use Salesforce to track meetings, opportunities converted, and record customer details
· Invite and schedule prospects for targeted Cloudian field events, including: Lunch-and- Learns, seminars, sales calls.
· Work closely with Field Sales team to nurture Federal accounts.
· Generate net-new qualified Federal opportunities that lead to incremental pipeline and closed revenue
· Discovery first call with end-user and on site meetings
· Regular engagement and meetings with tech alliance and Federal channel partners in territory
· Focus on Federal target account penetration
· Discover and work on responses to RFP’ s &RFI’ s
· Will travel up to50%
· Demonstrated understanding of government contracts and procurement vehicles.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills including presentation skills.
· Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques.
· Knowledge of Federal certifications (FIPS, CommonCriteria)
· Ability to work remote and communicate effectively with Field Sales team and Management team at HQ
· Experience with Deltek GovWin software tool a plus.
· Proven trackrecord in cold calling with a minimum of three year sexperience within theIT
Industry and/or selling storage products, especially cloud storage services to Federal entities
· Knowledge of sales and marketing principles and strategies
· Proficiency in relevant computer applications, particularly Salesforce, marketing automation software, and MicrosoftOffice
· Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience required
The preferred work location for this role is Herndon, VA. Alternate work locations include Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD and San Mateo, CA and reports to the WW, Inside Sales Manager.