Director of Quality Assurance
San, Francisco 94107
In this hands-on Director of QA (Quality Assurance) role you will be part of a growing team you will own QA process, team management, delivery and release of products in an Agile environment for a SaaS, Web based big data application platform.
Key Drivers and Core Responsibilities are:
- Ensure on time deliver of high quality for the BigData web based application ingesting incoming raw data and processed analytics.
- Lead the current QA team, and hire new team members.
- Mentor senior and junior team members, and transform the QA processes as the team grows.
- Plan and deliver monthly releases on time, jointly with Engineering and Product Management teams.
Collaborate with Support and Operations teams on customer cases and deployments on continuous basis.
Create, maintain and implement a strategy for QA automation for the web application, Data and processed analytics.
Contribute to QA tasks in a hands-on role.
10 or more years of experience in SQA at a software company, with minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
Proven leadership skills, with ability to see the big picture, set standards, and create / execute plans.
Strong commitment to software quality, good understanding of QA processes, and proven delivery of quality releases in an agile environment on time.
Good communication and collaboration skills (especially with Engineering, Operations, Support and Product Management).
Good understanding of QA automation tools (Selenium, Protractor, scripts) for Web-based as well data (RDBMS) products.
Experience with big data, Hadoop, Analytics/QLIK, geospatial data and GIS tools is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science / Mathematics / Engineering field from a top-tier university.