Cloud Solutions Architect
Santa Clara-Bay, Area 95054
Our client is a substantially funded start up client developing next Generation Cloud Infrastructure Service to deliver dramatically better efficiency and control for Enterprise applications.
This is a visible opportunity for a seasoned technical operations expert to lead initiatives focused on systems infrastructure management within a high volume, fast scaling environment.
Key Drivers Are:
● Design, develop and document innovative customer solutions based on hands-on knowledge of the entire VMware product line with specific emphasis on cloud management related solutions.
● You will help develop requirements for customer on-boarding processes, target environment sizing and migration automations.
● Gather detailed business and technical requirements from customers and field teams to create specifications that enable the team to implement precise solutions for customers.
● Participate and partner with product development to help define and contribute in the creation of progressive integration solutions and tooling based on customer requirements.
● Document best practices in developing and deploying solutions
● Travel periodically and/or spend significant time interacting with customer remotely on solutions engagements.
● 10 or more years of relevant experience delivering solutions.
● Domain level understanding of Public/Private Cloud infrastructure & Networking with hands-on experience architecting and building Public cloud Infrastructure.
● Proficiency in creating detailed technical design documents, facilitate design reviews, and execution of design implementation projects.
● 5 or more years of experience in customer-facing positions as a datacenter solutions architect.
● Deep technical roots in data center technologies:
○ Strong practical Windows Server or Linux systems administration skills.
○ VMware virtualization, networking and security products, solutions, and services.
○ Network Security Tool and Networking Concepts such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers, Security/Trust Zones, L2 Switching and L3 routing. VLANs, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, routing, VPN and network design.
○ Professional Certifications in CISSP, CCIE, VCDX, VCDX-NV is a strong plus
○ Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development.
● BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent experience
Start up experience is highly desirable.