Technial Marketing Manager-TME/IoT
Santa Clara-Bay, Area 95054 | Direct
IoT Technical Marketing Manager
Our client is one of the few companies in the world specializing in both Operational Technology and Information Technology (IT), uniquely poised to drive business and social betterment through the Internet of Things. The focal point for Internet of Things (IoT) is providing the the core platform and IoT solutions for cities, industries and businesses. The team has a global charter for all aspects of marketing for IoT solutions and services.
The IoT Technical Marketing Manager will become a hub that connects Customers with Product Management team, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and R&D Lab teams by delivering tools and programs to help increase growth and simplify the sales cycle.
You must have the ability to effectively influence solution development, managing concurrent projects, demo & tool development, delivering technical presentations to customers, partners and sales organizations. You will support all technical relationships internally and externally, and support the development of a developer community for IoT platform and IoT solutions.
A keen understanding of current technologies, trends and key players in the IoT market is critical for success.
You will have high visibility with executives, engineering, sales organizations and directly with customers globally.
You will be a subject matter expert on IoT, Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and key technologies that enable IoT solutions.
You will have a passion for new opportunities that the integration of the physical and digital worlds creates, and communicate technical differentiators with high quality, easy to understand and stylistic presentations and demonstrations to a technical audiences with varying levels of knowledge.
This is a non-routine and complex, involving lateral thinking and the application of advanced technical, communication and business skills.
Key Drivers Are:
· Develop and execute a technical marketing program that establishes the advantages of a wide range of IoT solutions.
· Collaborate between Labs, Engineering, Product Management and Sales/Marketing, partners and customers.
· Develop effective sales tools that convey technical advantages and help to reduce and simplify sales cycle (Create, technical papers, benchmarks, sizing guides, compatibility matrices, product/solution demos, and white board videos) that support differentiated messaging and the different stages of selling process.
· Establish technical proof points with hands-on knowledge of the technology and solutions for sustainable, differentiated positioning for global offerings and activities, that ladder up to corporate level brand positioning.
· Support the creation and management of a developer and solution creation community for the IoT core platform.
· Meet with partners and customers to present and demonstrate the technical aspects of solutions offerings, products and services, including Lab demos.
· Perform technical evaluation of competing IoT platforms and solutions to generate technical comparisons and positioning.
· Deliver training and education to the salesforce and partners
· Track key success metrics, customer&field feed back to measure success and engagement. Provide insight and comment on a regular basis for areas of potential improvement.
May require 25+% travel.
· Able to understand and communicate technologies that enable IoT solutions.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills, ability to communicate complex technical issues simply and convincingly to customers and developer communities
· Have experience with open source developer communities
· Highly organized, self-directed business style, with strong ability toprioritize to deadlines.
· Excellent team-work and people skills to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third-parties in away that both informs and inspires. Driven by a sense of urgency.
· Flexible and willing to do"what it takes"to help the company getting the job done.
· Expertise in state-of-the-art software development and deployment tools and processes
· Excellent working knowledge of the Internet of Things, Advanced Analytics andArtificial Intelligence markets
· Keen business sense and a proven track record of driving results for business growth
· Strong analytical skills and apassion for interpreting and translating quantitative and qualitative data into consumer insights.
· Creativity and ability to think outside the box or laterally, in resolvingp roblems and exploiting market opportunities.
· Skilled at working effectively with global teams in a highly dynamic matrix organization
· Strong problem solving and project management skills
· Fit well with the company culture of harmony, integrity and pioneering spirit
· 2-3 years of experience with IoT related technologies and products
· 5-7years of technical marketing work experience, preferably related to software development, of which 3+ years in roles that include technical communication, sales engineering or product management
· Minimum of BS/BA or MBA