Software Test Engineer
Redwood, CIty-CA | Direct
Software Test Engineer
Our client is a fast growing technology startup led by experienced management team and visionary entrepreneurs in the cloud security space. Their big data security analytics helps enterprises defend themselves against cyber criminals. The team is building a breakthrough platform that can ingest, model and analyze massive flow of machine generated security data using cutting edge machine learning algorithms and massively scalable big data platforms.
As Test Engineer you will automate existing test cases, and work on developing automation test suites and other QA tools.
You will own end-to-end test deliverables for services, features and components, and integrate the automation test suite with continuous integration (CI) systems, such as Jenkins.
You will also help different teams in setting up test environments, servers to reproduce and fix issues.
In this role you will also be running sanity, regression, performance and security test suites on a regular basis, and logging bugs, in addition to planning, researching, recommending, and using new technologies as required.
To be successful you must exhibit effective communication and collaboration skills with the rest of the QA, research, and development teams.
To Succeed You Must Have:
- Be a hard core Python developer QE/Devops or Hadoop admin with python expertise.
- 2-5 or more years of QA experience with automated testing of big data and/or analytics systems
- Experience developing software or test automation in Python and Selenium
- Experience using tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HDFS, Solr, and Impala
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong ability to work effectively in team environment
- Be an excellent problem-solver and quick learner, and possess analytical skills
- Be able to work with agile methodology in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience testing scalable, distributed big data systems.
- Have working knowledge of bug tracking tools (e.G., Atlassian Jira)
- Amazon EC2 and AWS skills is preferred
- A security background is a big plus
Must have a bachelor’ s degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent. Master’ s degree is a plus.