Software Development Engineer - SPARK
Orange, County 92618 | Direct
Our client a leading edge startup company is seeking a senior software engineer to lead in research, design, development, test and validation of state-of-the-art software systems for Big Data processing in real-time, mission critical, and interactive applications.
As a member a highly talented and collaborative team, your focus will on excellence in code development and have a strong sense of personal responsibility.
For the startup environment you are expected to attend to different tasks, maintain a positive attitude, remain passionate about the work and take on new initiatives.
- Initial responsibilities include quickly ramping up and understanding the current work dynamics, products, customer relations, company vision/direction and developing a sense of appreciation for the Big Data real-time technology sector
- Create technical documentation; contribute to white papers and present material at technical venues
- Work with Spark Infrastructure and modify its source code
- Develop industrial-grade data analytics benchmarks to drive core software development
- Have 5 or more years of experience in flash technology, system software, and enterprise applications.
- Ability to work confidently in Unix/Linux environments.
- Be proficiency in C, C++ and Java and common scripting languages.
- Have proficiency in operating systems, computer architecture and networked systems.
- Possess a thorough understanding of modern Big Data approaches.
- Thorough understanding of NVM usage in storage industry such as SSD
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, or closely related fields.