Senior Technical Support Engineer-Cloud
San, Mateo-CA | Direct
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting tech startup in CloudStorage. Chance to learn new technologies such as NoSQL databases, Cassandra, Redis, advanced Java, Linux performance hacking, and tools like Puppet, git, and Eclipse. If you are passionate about Cloud/storage technologies, and enjoy tuning distributed systems, this is your chance.
You will interface directly with customers, troubleshooting software in installation, operations and management issues, use your software development or devops experience, write scripts/programs or read code written by developers.
Key Drivers Are:
- Troubleshooting, answering questions, technical discussion with
pre-sales and post-sales customers via e-mail/web/phone. Working with
Engineering for defect reports, troubleshooting, and feature
- Become an expert in high-performance, distributed storage system deployed on Linux.
- Manage communications/expectations to customers at all levels, maintain relationships with contacts at customers and partners. Customers are cloud service providers (data centers and
ISPs), system integrator/reseller partners, and enterprise customers.
- Mentor others, lead ad-hoc projects.
- Occasional off-hours and weekend work.
- Occasional travel to customer sites.
the code the developer wrote. Five or more years of technical support experience with ability in
troubleshooting technical issues with a complex software systems.
- In depth analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer facing skills and attitude.
- Proficiency with Linux and networking.
- Proficiency in scripting (bash, perl, python, or ruby).
- Be a team player.
- Bel self managing, self directed
Ideally have: - Java development skills
- Distributed systems, NoSQL DB, storage systems knowledge
- Experience in cloud environments (AWS, GCE, Azure) or platforms (OpenStack, CloudStack)