Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Santa Clara-Bay, Area | Direct
As a Sr. QA test engineer, you will drive test planning, test design and test case development to assess and improve the overall quality of products.
You must have extensive experience testing a 'systems' product (file systems, storage systems, operating systems, or networking), along with the ability to lead projects, test-plan reviews, and mentor junior-level team members.
Key Drivers Are:
- Design high level test approaches and detailed test plans
- Executing automated and manual tests during product testing phases to find all bugs in your assigned feature area(s)
- Conducting requirements and design reviews of new features
- Work with development team to analyze and root cause failures
- File defects and feature enhancements, tracking them to closure
- Engage with users to discover major problem areas
- Distributed Systems Testing experience in testing functionalities in a distributed File System
- Automation, proficiency in Python, Perl, or any language
- Storage experience- come from a storage company
- Virtualization experience ideally Hypervisor-VMware - HyperV Ideal Traits:
- Experience in testing clustered/distributed systems.
- Experience in test plan design and test case development for complex software projects.
- Strong systems administration experience in Linux and/or Windows environment
- An understanding of file system concepts and protocols such as: networked file systems, logical volumes, journaled file systems, tiered storage, NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Shared LUNs.
- Ability to leverage open source tools for test development and execution.