Senior Software Engineer (QA-Cloud DevOps)
Redwood, CIty-CA 94065
Sr.Software Engineer (QA-Cloud DevOps)
This is a ground floor opportunity with a big data security analytics with a substantially funded, fast growing start up that enables enterprises to defend against sophisticated cyber threats.
You will participate in building a breakthrough AI/Machine Learning based platform, that can ingest, model and analyze massive flow of machine generated security data. You will help build the next-generation infrastructure and security platform, which includes an application and service delivery platform, massively scalable distributed data storage and replication systems, and a cutting-edge search and behavior visualization system.
As Sr.QA & Cloud DevOps engineer you will automate existing test cases, and work on developing automation test suites and other CloudOps tools for cloud deployments.
You will own end-to-end test deliverables for product services, features and components, and integrate the automation test suite with continuous integration (CI) systems, such as Jenkins.
You will also help teams in setting up test environments, servers to reproduce and fix issues.
You will running sanity, regression, performance and security test suites on a regular basis, and logging issues, in addition to planning, researching, recommending, and using new technologies as required.
This position requires effective communication and collaboration with the rest of the Quality Engineering, research, and development teams.
- 7 or more years of Quality Engineering and Cloud DevOps experience with automated testing of big data and/or analytics systems
- Experience developing software or test automation in Python and Selenium
- Experience using tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Scala, HDFS, Solr / ElasticSearch and Impala.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical knowledge of Microservices and decoupled systems architecture.
- Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Provisioning and configuration management tools (Kubernetes/Docker/Puppet/Ansible/Chef)
Strong understanding of Python and Linux operating system
Network administration (Routing, Firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP)
Must be able to work with agile methodology in a fast-paced environment.
Must be an excellent problem-solver and quick learner, and possess analytical skills
Experience testing scalable, distributed big data systems.
Working knowledge of bug tracking tools (e.G., Atlassian Jira) have Amazon EC2 and AWS skills
Having security background is a big plus.
Strong verbal, and written communication skills.
· Commitment to proper Software Engineering - Test Driven Development, Documentation, Code reviews, etc.