Senior Security Software Engineer
Santa Clara, Ca. | Direct
Senior Security Software Engineer ( 2 positions)
Join a fast growing start-up that recently emerged from stealth mode with disruptive technology. Hyper convergence software, turning standard servers of choice into a single pool of compute and storage resources.
You will have the opportunity to work and learn in a fast paced environment with a team of talented engineers, developing state of the art management software in the Hyper-Converged Infrastructure space.
Key Drivers Are:
· Architect, design and develop end to end security software for Springpath Hyper-Converged Software Data Platform.
· Bring your expertise in identifying, designing and coding full stack security and compliance software in networking, storage, virtualization and distributed systems.
· Design and develop control plane software for encryption, authentication, auditing, role based access control and other security related functionality.
· Work closely with various teams to meet compliance requirements like FIPS, CC, HIPAA and Common Criteria.
· Work closely with product management, QA, documentation and support for ongoing handling of security and system hardening requirements.
· Create effective unit and integration tests.
· Write functional and design specifications.
· Implement features in Java/Python/Scala and other languages.
· 6+ year’ s hands-on experience in designing and developing enterprise level security software.
· Experience developing software for platform security (hardening, lockdown, least privilege access, auditing, monitoring, virtualization security, installation/deployment etc.).
· Experience developing software in areas like Identity Management (AD, LDAP, SAML etc.), Authentication, Authorization and Role Based Access Control.
· Experience with Encryption/Cryptography, certificate management, key management.
· Open Source components monitoring for security vulnerabilities and updates.
· Programming experience in Java, C++, Python.
· Experience developing distributed system software in VMware, KVM or Linux environments.
· Excellent communication and technical mentoring skills.
· Bachelor’ s degree or higher in Computer Science.