Senior Director of Software Engineering- Bangalore India
Bangalore, India 94085 | Direct
Senior Director of Engineering-Bangalore
Your primary focus will be on managing and building a team of Software developers and SQA-Test Engineers of 50+, Manage product engineering to deliver on time and with high quality. Improve process, build the right team.
As an Engineering Leader you will plan, lead, and manage engineering teams and product releases. You will take an active role in leading a cross functional team, within organization, focused on driving execution from definition through successful release and transfer to services.
This is a challenging position working in a very fast paced environment, with the opportunity to work collaboratively with like professionals in the Product management, Engineering, OEM Partners and Global Services/Support functions, and to positively influence greater business outcomes.
- Provide a leadership role to the core engineering team of development professionals, to drive all pertinent issues related to the product development life cycle.
- Planning and managing product releases or project components from design phase through implementation.
- Manage, Motivate and Mentor the engineering team to deliver high quality products and constantly innovate
- Identify and communicate project scope and ensure release milestones and objectives are met.
- Keep stack holders informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected results.
- Analyze problems and drive solutions involving multiple elements of release planning.
- Ensure that projects adhere to the engineering processes and initiate process improvements as needed.
- Manage and Leverage ISV relationships with technology providers like Cisco, Vmware, EMC, NetApp etc.
- Build new ISV relationships
- Domain knowledge in Data Center, Storage/data protection/Disaster recovery/Cloud/Virtualization or Database management products is preferred
- Product company experience preferably in the IT infrastructure space
- Experience in managing the engineering team and taking the large product through multiple releases
- US working experience for at least 3-5+ years in product company is required
- Overall work experience of 15+ years is required
- Strong Agile process experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in bringing change/innovation in engineering organization to constantly improve the quality and productivity.
- Prior experience at NetApp-EMC-Brocade highly desirable.
- Product development experience in:
- Cloud/DR/Storage/Systems/App/Network management, replication or backup software
- Strong leadership skills are required
- Knowledge in virtualization, Cloud ( AWS/OpenStack.) technologies is strongly desirable
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and organizational skills are required.
- Excellent knowledge of product lifecycle, tools, processes and planning.
- Demonstrated experience in managing engineering teams to deliver enterprise class software or SaaS
- Creative approach to problem solving and providing long term solutions
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing and delivering complex enterprise class software or SaaS product- Experience managing programs following Agile/Scrum methodology strongly desired.
- Track record of delivering multiple complex products/projects in Enterprise/Systems management Space or Backup or Replication software is desirable
- Knowledge in Virtualization technologies, Cloud technologies (AWS/OpenStack .) and converged infrastructure is desirable
- Experience in handling ISV partners or customers is an additional qualification