Santa Clara, Bay Area | Direct
As a Solution Engineers you will work closely with Regional Sales Managers to drive customer deployments and adoption of products. You will supports pre-sale technical activities including technical and business assessment of customer IT environments, customer education on solutions, product demonstrations and on site POCs.
You will be the experts in the hyper-converged space, evangelizing value proposition, and have broad experience in customer IT environments and diverse hardware and application.
Be part of the core team in this dynamic start up in hyper-converged storage space. As Sales Engineers you will be the primary technical resource for the company sales force; you will be actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working & collaborating with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate for products and services.
Key Drivers Are:
- Provide technical expertise to pre and post-sales customer relationships.
- Educate customer on capabilities of product and differentiate the offering from competitors.
- Support Channel Partners, including training Partner sales and engineering teams and driving broad partner adoption of our products and services.
- Build and deliver customer presentations and technical product demonstrations.
- On site POC or production installation, configuration and related professional services.
- Customer solution architecture and design, includes customer requirement gathering, pre-installation site assessment, and solution design and implementation.
- Investigate, analyze, diagnose and resolve complex IT infrastructure problems. Implement fixes and ensure successful POC’ s and customer engagements.
- Drive identification and implementation of bug fixes and feature requests that continue to enhance product leadership.
- Create knowledge base articles and trouble shooting documents from customer case analysis and assessments.
- Support business development and field marketing activities, trade shows, and promotion of in IT user groups and trade associations.
- Educate and enable global channels by publishing technical documentation, competitive battle cards, providing Knowledge base articles, and creating and delivering partner and customer technical training.
Five or more years of technology experience as a Sales Engineer in Storage
- Experience in sales engineering, building customer relationships, and speaking confidently with customers on complex technical solutions.
- Experience enabling the IT channel and VAR community.
- Good understanding of Linux fundamentals, and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity scripting customer solutions and providing feedback
- Experience with common Internet services and protocols such as DNS, NTP, SMTP, LDAP/AD, DHCP, and HTTP.
- Experience with SDS, NAS, SAN storage systems.
- Experience deploying IT infrastructure (provisioning, system configuration, monitoring, identity and access management, virtualization, compute, storage and networking)