Bay, Area | Direct
As the Performance Architect, you will lead the performance engineering effort to come up with performance metrics, design tools to measure, analyze results and improve system performance. You will have the opportunity to present to key customers as well as at industry events.
- Software system performance analysis including design of performance test plans, coding, test execution, and analyzing the results to produce actionable next steps.
- Work together with software and network engineers to improve system performance, e.G., by identifying and fixing bottlenecks or defining new network architectures. This involves working on the core Java code.
- Measure performance using Java tools, Linux tools, third-party performance testing tools, etc.
- Define and own an overall performance testing plan.
- Define and own a system capacity model.
- Ensure performance, correctness, security, and maintainability in designing and implementing new product features.
- Assist QA engineers as required to develop tests and test plans to include performance considerations.
- Opportunity to meet with customers, analysts, and speak at conferences
- Extensive experience benchmarking and optimizing distributed storage systems, e.G. NAS, SAN, Object Storage
- Customer facing and public speaking experience highly desirable
- Linux expertise including large networked systems.
- Hands-on experience with Java in a production environment including garbage collection analysis and tuning.
- Experience with software server performance tuning and analysis, e.G., finding and fixing I/O bottlenecks.
- Knowledge and experience with complex networking systems.
- Experience working on large projects and supporting demanding, production customers.
- Experience with cloud computing and storage technology desirable.
- Advanced degree in computer science desirable