Bay, Area | Direct
Our client a BigData-Cloud Orchestration solution provider is looking for a IT/Systems Administrator to manage mostly Linux based systems, be familiar with Apple and Windows and manager a 100 node network expected to grow to 300+ seats in the next 1-2 years.
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of our internal computer network involving servers, switches and firewall both in the office and in the co-location facility including network security, VPN, DHCP/DNS, and PXE services
- Switch configuration
- Maintain KVM and IPMI access to Development and QA servers
- Purchase additional network and computer system hardware based on input from QA and development staff. Setup and maintain this gear once it arrives
- Monitor network performance and security
- Manage user access to computer resources
- New employee on-boarding and support for Mac and Windows laptops
- Minimum 3 years experience in a IT/Server/Network environment
- Experience with installation/configuration of server operating systems (RedHat/Centos, etc.)
- Experienced in building switch/router/firewall configurations. Experience with Cisco/Arista hardware a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of VPNs and global routing
- Experience supporting data, storage and voice networking
- Knowledge of FreeNAS is a plus
- Knowledge/experience with office wireless
- Proven track record in a technical support role with demonstrable experience of managing networks at multiple sites.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Start up experience is highly desirable.
- Some experience in big data, virtualization, or openstack is highly desirable for success in this role