Business Development Executive - Big Data/Enerprise Software
Bay Area - Orange, County | Direct
As a go to Business Development professional in this dynamic start-up you will lead in the identification and strategic targeting of key customers in key market sectors. Your focus will be on expanding customer base and business opportunities for software products used in Big Data processing in real-time, mission critical, and interactive applications. You will bring passion, dedication to this role taking on new initiatives, managing multiple tasks.
- Own and build business channels in key target sectors including Financials, Ad Tech, Government & Healthcare, HPC, Cloud Infrastructure, and Oil & Gas.
- Identify, proposes potential business deals by engaging partners; discovering and exploring opportunities; and closing business relationships.
- Qualify potential business deals, analyze market strategies, deal requirements, and financials; evaluating options; and resolving internal priorities.
- Actively build, track and expand pipeline of potential deals and prospective customers, reporting periodic progress to the rest of senior management.
- Enhance the organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value.
- 5+ years of experience in technology business development-related functions.
- Prior experience with successful start-ups is a major plus; experience in building teams and businesses.
- Knowledge of Big Data market & eco-system and opportunities; specific sector expertise is a plus.
- Understanding of modern Big Data processing approaches.
- BS or BA. Engineering degree or engineering work experience. MBA desirable.
- Broader skills that are helpful: Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Energy Level, Meeting Sales Goals, and Professional conduct.